Put this up for my boy Turt. Hopefully it helps him out some and maybe some others as well.
Method #1 – Install Kodi on Fire TV or Fire TV Stick with Downloader, which is a free application available in Amazon Fire TV/Stick App Store.
Special Note: Amazon has pushed out a new update for those who have a 2nd Generation Fire TV or Fire TV Stick which includes a new user interface. I have included two videos below which demonstrate the easiest way to load Kodi onto Fire TV or Stick specific to each respective interface.
New Fire TV/Stick User Interface
Old Fire TV/Stick User Interface
- Go into Fire TV Settings / Developer Options and turn on Apps from Unknown Sources. You may also turn on ADB Debugging and/or USB Debugging as well since this may help with future sideloading that you may perform.
- Exit to home screen and navigate to the search button. Type in the box – Downloader – and click download or get to install it.
- Launch Downloader.
- Type the following address in the box that reads “Enter the URL of the file you want to download – http://troypoint.com/kodistable and then click the Next button.
- Click the Download button and go through the installation process.
- Launch Kodi to ensure it has installed correctly.
Kodi Shortcut Not Displaying Under Apps Section On Fire TV/Stick Home Screen?
Some people have reported the problem of Kodi not displaying under the apps section on the Fire TV home screen following installation. More than likely, this is due to having out-of-date firmware on your device. To fix this, go into Fire TV Settings / System / About / and scroll down and click the “Check for System Update” button. If there are updates to be installed, install all of them.
If this doesn’t work, another solution is to go into Fire TV Settings / My Account / Deregister your device and then register again with the same login details.
What do you do after you learn how to install Kodi on Fire TV or Stick? Be sure to use the form at the top of the page to register for my free guide on how to supercharge your Fire TV. Within that guide, you will learn how to install the best Kodi Addons which will provide endless movies, tv shows, sports, live tv, children shows, and much more.
This information was pulled directly from another site so check it out if you need anything further. I don’t want to outright steal content from someone’s page so I had to let everyone know where it came from